Can't update PDF in Mac preview

Hi folks, 

I used to edit and update my pdf files in Mac Preview in last six months.  

Somehow, it does not work at all after MacOS update (Mojave). Evernote asks me to save it in new notebook. 

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? 

• Level 5

I am using Mac Mojave as well. But I have no „before“ because my Mac is new and started with Mojave. Have been on Win10 before.

For me, it is pretty clear that when I use an editor outside of EN, I create a new (altered) document that EN will not accept as a replacement for the existing one.

So, I let it create a new note.

From there, I have 2 options inside of EN:

• Move the new content manually into the old note, and delete the old version from the existing note, then trash the new note.
  • Use the new note, set title, tags and notebook, then delete the old note

Both creates additional work.

If I just annotate a pdf, the most efficient way is to use the tools build into EN, and do it there.

For really modifying a pdf I prefer to do it on my iPad: Share the pdf into „PDF Expert 6“ from EN, do all the editing there, save it into PDF Expert, and share it back into EN from there. PDF Expert on the iPad has more power to modify a pdf than everything I have on my Mac (including modifying the original pdf, not just annotating it).

This will create a new note, and because I can not open 2 notes at once on the iPad, I continue by using the new note and delete the existing one.