We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Gathering photos from my gallery

There should be a feature where Evernote scans my existing photos and finds text in them, right? When I click "Got it," nothing happens! It doesn't bother my photos. Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I've given the app all the permissions it needs. Do I need to buy premium or something?

I'm inserting a screenshot here.

Screenshot_20190328-123245_Evernote.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  If and when it finds images with text in your Gallery,  Evernote will suggest that you might add them to your notes - but that's not a scheduled process,  it happens when Evernote and your phone have some downtime to spare.  It's erratic and unpredictable - at least for me.  The way to get images with text into your database is to start the Evernote app and attach images to a note,  or start a new picture note containing a camera picture.  If you deliberately add a picture note it should be scanned automatically and within minutes - check by searching for keywords.