Can't stop bullets striking out! (with video)

Next instalment in my  "why don't simple bullets simply work" series.  I have a note where whenever I add a new bulleted list, any new bullets (via new line) are created struck out.  No amount of  converting the text segment to plain text and trying again sort this out.

Video attached shows this quirk in its full glory.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You say 'a note' as though this applies to one note only.  If you start a different new note,  does this still happen?  If so,  I agree it seems to be a bug - though I haven't seen any other reports of this kind of issue...

Hi,

It's a single note.  I believe it was triggered when I moved some (struck out) text from a bullet list to elsewhere in the document.    Feels like the sort of thing where HTML can get out of whack if a starting and closing tag get out of order.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  If you need to save the existing content of the note,  you could try exporting to ENEX and then delete the original and re-import.  That should kill any rogue codes.  Failing that,  copy and paste sections to a text-only editor and copy/ paste from there into a new note and reformat.  Killing the original note with fire seems like the only viable option.

Archived