(Archived) Feature Requests

You guys have done a nice job with the recent 3.5 improvements. It would be great if you created a feature request voting system so users could provide feedback in one place.

here are some additional things that would make the experience much better:

• [*:128e5cqh]Improved table support: Evernote table support is, well, terrible. You can resize, you have very little control over the format and size.
    [*:128e5cqh]Search for To Do's- While in a meeting I often put checkboxes for Action Items. It would be really nice to have the ability to Search for all To Do's Yesterday or Last Week or from the selected notes, etc.
    [*:128e5cqh]To Do's- would love the ability to integrate it into something like Toodledo or have the ability to somehow get it into a task management system like outlook.
    [*:128e5cqh]Clear Formatting button. Sometimes you bring in formatted text and it just doesn't come in correctly or you just want to strip away the formatting. It would be great to have that as an option from right click. An example: how do you remove the spacing before or after a paragraph?
    [*:128e5cqh]Ability to have Text Boxes in other areas where you might make side notes on the main notes (I don't see this as critical but more of a nice to have)

• 3 months later...

Since you had a lot of requests in your post, I'll reply to another one :D

> To Do's- would love the ability to integrate it into something like Toodledo

> or have the ability to somehow get it into a task management system like outlook.

+1 for this ! I love Evernote and use it more and more, but as has been pointed numeous times in these forums: Evernote is not a Todo app. So why not sync with something that is ? There's an "Insert Todo" option which creates a fillable checkmark in a note. I should be able to sync these todos with Toodledo, Remember The Milk, etc. with a simple keypress.

[ ] Fill out taxes

... to make a generic todo

[ ] Fill out taxes by April 15th

... to give it a due date

Bonus feature ? Two-way syncing. When I mark a task complete in Toodledo, sync the action back to EN 8)

• Level 5*

That's a nice idea, but checkboxes can appear multiple times in an Evernote note, and therfore don't map cleanly to single ToodleDo (or Remember the Milk) tasks.

~Jeff

• Level 5*
I was just thinking that each Todo should translate to one Task

So I have five checkboxes in my note, plus some other information, and a couple of screen caps. What bits of the note get sent to Toodle-Do? Is that an automatic operation, or do I need to make selections, etc.? Then, maybe I edit the task on ToodleDo. And then how do you reassemble them on the round-trip back from ToodleDo?

I think that this would be pretty tricky, with a lot of room for user confusion.

~Jeff

Archived