EN no longer showing up in Galaxy Note 3 "S Finder" search results Jframe EN no longer showing up in Galaxy Note 3 "S Finder" search results

hoangcv18

Hi, 

I'm a longtime EN premium user and have owned the Note 3 since December 2013.  Until recently, one of the things that I loved was that I could use the Note 3's  "S Finder" app to search all content on the phone (action memos, stored files, google drive etc) while also searching Evernote simultaneously.  Recently, for no reason obvious to me, Evernote notes no longer appear to be being searched when I do an S Finder search.  I have gone into settings multiple times and checked and unchecked evernote, even uninstalled and reinstalled EN to see if I could get it working again.  No luck.  I've posted this issue on XDA developers, phandroid, and even recently did an online chat with AT&T my provider) without any luck. I'm starting to consider even doing a factory reset, but I'd hate to go through all of that trouble (already did it once recently after installing Kitkat).  Yes, S Finder was still searching EN long after I installed KitKat, so I don't believe that's the problem either.  Someone please help!!

Thanks,

Jordan

https://forum.blocsapp.com/

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have a Note 4 and I can confirm that S Finder doesn't work with Evernote.  I'm not surprised that it doesn't,  because Evernote doesn't save notes on mobile devices unless you've set one or more notebooks to be searchable offline.  Even then I'm not sure what format the notes would be saved in - it's most likely not readable (or searchable) by Samsung. 

(If you edit a note on a mobile device it will be downloaded from the server first so you can add to or change the content.)

If searches worked previously,  then maybe Evernote have changed their file structures,  but they don't claim compatibility with Samsung devices so AFAICS there's no reason why either company would take any action to 'fix' what started out as a happy accident.

Archived