Onenote to Evernote sync

robi

Idea

Hi, I had two years OneNote subscription for free. They have Evernote to Onenote sync tool. I see that Evernote is getting more affordable and it is even better than it use to be and I would like to use Evernote again. How can I sync my OneNote account back to Evernote?

Thanks

Robert

7 replies to this idea

There has never been a synchronization tool between ON and EN (one way or the other), there is an import tool and no synchronization. A aside, so this sentence " I had two years OneNote subscription for free" doesn't make sens since ON has been free for several years.
Otherwise, to answer the question, you have to import your notes from ON, no synchronization possible, only an import. If ON is still installed on your device: In EN, Go to File>Import from MS ON.

9 minutes ago, David_C. said:

There has never been a synchronization tool between ON and EN (one way or the other), there is an import tool and no synchronization. A aside, so this sentence " I had two years OneNote subscription for free" doesn't make sens since ON has been free for several years.
Otherwise, to answer the question, you have to import your notes from ON, no synchronization possible, only an import. If ON is still installed on your device: In EN, Go to File>Import from MS ON.

You are right. It is not sync but an import tool.

When I bought a Samsung S8+ I had the right to use some storage space in Microsoft cloud for a limited time. So it is not about right to use OneNote for free but to have a more space on the Microsoft cloud. It was two years ago so I'm not sure about the details. 

13 minutes ago, robi said:

When I bought a Samsung S8+ I had the right to use some storage space in Microsoft cloud for a limited time. So it is not about right to use OneNote for free but to have a more space on the Microsoft cloud. It was two years ago so I'm not sure about the details. 

I understand better. Otherwise, for OneDrive, a free account is 5 GB, but with seniority, loyalty or the various possible bonuses, you can have more, even after an offer is completed. It's visible in "manage storage" in your account.
On the other hand, since you're talking about phone for import, I can't really say how it works, I was assuming that you were on a PC.

2 hours ago, David_C. said:

I understand better. Otherwise, for OneDrive, a free account is 5 GB, but with seniority, loyalty or the various possible bonuses, you can have more, even after an offer is completed. It's visible in "manage storage" in your account.
On the other hand, since you're talking about phone for import, I can't really say how it works, I was assuming that you were on a PC.

I will try to import data on iMac.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, David_C. said:

So I guess it's the same as on Windows if OneNote is installed on your Mac. In Evernote, go to file and import.

OneNote Importer is not available on the Evernote/Mac platform.

Archived