Mistakenly deleted note content, can't recover?

Okay. I mistakenly deleted important text when trying to format it in an easier to access form. Evernote synced before I could find an "undo" feature and the text is gone. I've been muddling around trying to recover the text but have had no luck. Is there ANY way to recover the previous version? I'm about resigned to recreating the file, but gawd. It was literally years in the making. 

I found "note history" but it only shows the current version and one other, still wrong version. How far back does note history go?

Then, I found a longer list of previous note updates, I saved one, but that's not it. And now I can't find that longer list again. I'm really afraid of accidentally losing what I found. As you may have guessed, I'm not completely computer literate and am feeling my way here. Holy cow this is frustrating. 

Is there ANY way to recover an earlier version of a note?>>>Found a list of previous versions, but now I can't find it.

Or for that matter, what about setting a "sync" interval that that is a bit longer and more forgiving? >>>Found the sync interval setting.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, LionLady said:

I found "note history" but it only shows the current version and one other, still wrong version. How far back does note history go?

2025280422_ScreenShot2018-08-23at08_12_29.png.02d9ee601e953fb343892b6b8c0ad82f.pngafaik  Note History is never deleted.  My example goes back to 2015
I also maintain my own incremental backups, with no deletes

Recovery is not a random process.  You need to identify the specific note and access the Note History data.

244513686_ScreenShot2018-08-23at08_12_56.png.a22a1e635bca265fb8ed924a505d1a98.png

Thank you! I can't figure out where "note history" is, now... The only history list I've found for the file has just two files. The current one and one other. 

In my panic and frustration I may have deleted/changed the file name. Would that effect what I'm seeing? 

I can see that the original was created 5/20/18 - when I did a search for the file name. Is there a way to see that file? Thanks for any help!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, LionLady said:

In my panic and frustration I may have deleted/changed the file name. Would that effect what I'm seeing? 

If you deleted the note, it's in the Trash and can be restored.

Just to be clear, Note History is attached to the specific note.  This is not impacted by changing the title.

Archived