(Archived) Need advice regarding scanned image

I decided to scan in some cards (like my AAA card) and I chose jpeg as the format. In the desktop client it looks great, scales perfectly to the open screen size. But on my phone and iPod Touch it is too big and I have to scroll around. Is there a solution to this? Is there a dpi I need to use, or a different format?

You should be able to pinch/zoom the view on the iPod to see the image at a better size, but you could also consider scanning at a lower resolution. Anything above 2 megapixels can get a bit unwieldy, and doesn't really give any better recognition quality.

Thanks, I will definitely lower the resolution for these types of things. But just to give useful feedback, on my iPod Touch, it would pinch to resize and then "stick" that way, but on Android it would not pinch at all, and tapping it did not pull up the plus/minus button.

Thanks for the report about Android. There's a menu option to switch between "scaled" and "full size" images, but it appears that the scaled version still requires scrollbars to view on some phones.

Archived