Suddenly, Control + Alt + V no longer pastes from my clipboard into Evernote. Instead, ctl + alt + v opens a webpage in Chrome -- the same page all the time.

(Coincidentally, this problem started right after Windows upgraded this morning.)

While this isn't strictly an Evernote problem, I was hoping that somebody in the Evernote community could tell me how to fix this problem, so that Control + Alt + V pastes into Evernote, instead of opening the same page in Chrome. I know I could change the paste clipboard keyboard shortcut in Evernote, but I've been using the same shortcut since I started using Evernote in 2008, and it's hard to teach my fingers new tricks.

Thanks. 

• Level 5*

Tools / Options / Shortcut Keys : look and see if Paste Clipboard: is still Ctrl+Alt+V

If so, then something is overriding it (something in the new Windows? Did you update Evernote as well, or is the Windows update the only thing that changed?)

If not, then try changing that shortcut back to Ctrl+Alt+V

I checked and Control + Alt + V is still set as paste clipboard in Evernote. I reset it as ctl + alt + v just to be sure. The same webpage keeps opening.

What's weird is that this keyboard combination opens a random webpage (a subpage in my Dropbox account) every time.

Other than Windows updating overnight, I've made no other changes to my computer.

Archived