Consistent JP2 Support?

I've got a few JP2 image files in notes that only display when viewing the entire note and not in either of the card views. Both Card and Extended Card views give an unhelpful JP2 file icon instead of an image preview (see left example on attached). Are JP2 files expected to be fully supported in future updates?

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 8.14.28 AM.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum,  so your guess as to future development is as good as ours.  Evernote rarely comment on future intentions,  preferring to let their updates speak for themselves.  If enough users need this option,  it will probably be added to their (long) list of future tweaks,  but short term the only work-around would be to convert JP2 images to some other format if you wish to see the thumbnail. 

Since less than a dozen apps in either Windows or Mac support the format I wouldn't have thought it would be a high priority.  I can move this thread to a votable forum if you'd like to try getting some votes from other users to support your request,  or you could post there yourself.  It might help if you could explain more about where and how this image format is used rather than the more common (AFAIK) JPG and PNG files.

https://fileinfo.com/extension/jp2

Archived