Tasks Recognized

Tbeyer

Idea

Please can you make it so that when a hand written box (or symbol) is recognized as a "Todo" so that one can search for all todos.  Or maybe a button that allows you to tag a location as a "Task".  I love using the Apple Pencil to take notes, but hate that I need to then hunt for todos and even that I need to retype them into my todo program.  Ideally I could make an Apple Reminder or Trello card from these items.

In addition, some other programs allow for hand-writing to be auto converted into Typed text.  Is this something Penultimate could do as well?

Thank you!

Troy

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Tbeyer said:

Please can you make it so that when a hand written box (or symbol) is recognized as a "Todo"

As a work-around, you can write ToDo and search for that, but handwriting recognition can be hit and miss.

>>...recognized as a "Todo" so that one can search for all todos.  Or maybe a button that allows you to tag a location as a "Task". 

Evernote is a generic filing product so I don't think you'll get a dedicated task button.

The editor does have checkboxes, and a checkbox search,
but my process is to identify actionable notes with tag:!Actionable.  
I also use the Reminder feature to store due dates and completion date/status.  
I use the search feature to list my tasks.

>>In addition, some other programs allow for hand-writing to be auto converted into Typed text.  Is this something Penultimate could do as well?

Evernote has an OCR process but it's only used for search purposes.

I use external dedicated editor apps for handwritten notes.  Goodnotes has a transcription feature.

Archived