Hello,

I got a problem with the Evernote of my boy friend in his computer. I tried to instal the last version, and then to come back to a 5. version as my evernote version, but the problem still remain....
When we click on the note, in the tittle zone ( to change it name 'cause we want to organize them with numbers in title ), we tap in enter to validate the new name and then, the note is duplicated, we got two notes, with the new tittle and all the content.... And there is a blue arrow in the upper right corner of the extract part... If I delete one of the two : everything desapear ! But the only way that I found to make only one note is to click to "fusionnate" them .... But it's very embarrassing to do that everytime you change a title....

And then , even doing that with all the notes of the "carnet", when I ask to organise the notes in "tittle order" it absolutely dont care of the numbers.... Although on my pc and my evernote I NEVER had a problem with all this.... So I don't understand.... I didn't found an option to put or delete which change that;... So if someone have an idea It will be so great !!!

Thank's in advance ! ( and sorry I'm French ;) )

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote for Windows is now up to version 6.10 for the latest release - is there a particular reason you (or at least your boyfriend) is at 5.00?  It's quite OK not to update if you don't wish to,  and to step back from a current version if that causes problems;  but I think most people haven't gone quite so far back.

It's a little difficult to work out exactly why your notes would duplicate and then both disappear if you delete one - is it possible for you to get a screen shot of a note appearing twice so we can see exactly what you are looking at?  If you drag a file to the grey area below the reply box in the forum,  it should attach to your reply.

Hi !
In fact, we haven't an so old version, I install him the laste one in 5 ( 5.9.8 or something like that ) and I have I think 5.6 : I didn't wanted to pass to 6 cause I don't like the new organization, colors... If found less possibilities and less intuitivity ....

For the duplication, here is a screen shot, we have tried a new time to change tittle name, 2 times in the "Printemps" note, and then we got 3 notes instead of 1 !

And they still aren't organize in numbers or alphabetic order instead it's selectionnate .... ( The problems was exactly the samse in the latest version )

5ac0c5123493a_evernotecopie.thumb.jpg.7dfb7d4b201d8d2c975c974ecd8a3c7d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Sorry for the delay - we've been a little busy in the forums lately.  A slow or noisy network connection can cause note duplicates,  but I'm not aware of anyone having that problem with note naming before.  If you're still getting this issue I can only suggest that you contact Evernote Support who may be able to look at your account directly.  Contact Support via https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a subscriber,  or https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if you have any problems with that link,  or you're not.

Archived