Web Clipper screenshots in Chromium now just black

joesmcl

I'm using the Chromium browser, Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 17.10 (64-bit). Since yesterday, when I use the Evernote Web Clipper (  version 6.13.2 ) to save a screenshot, the image is just black. I just tested saving a screenshot using Web Clipper on Firefox 59.0 - Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu - canonical 1.0. That works fine - the screenshot is as expected. I'll reinstall Web Clipper in Chromium and see if that makes any difference. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Just to make life even more interesting for Evernote,  browser developers have their own independent timelines for updates,  which are - for Chrome and Firefox (I believe) - daily.  Evernote devs presumably have a working relationship so they're not completely flat-footed at major changes,  but every so often they don't catch up in time and Bad Things Happen.  As you're a Ubuntu user I don't think you're going to get any support,  but it may alert Evernote faster if you submit a report via the link if you're a subscriber,  or tweet them @Evernotehelps

(We're not Evernote support,  though this Forum is part of the help & support network provided by the company.  We're a (mainly) user-driven forum to comment and suggest fixes and work-arounds from our experience as -for the most part- long-time Evernote users.)

Archived