Arabic language and pointer placing

hi there,

Since Arabic language is right to left language, the pointer should begin writing from right side if the first character is Arabic.

My default phone note app do this correctly but evernote will put everything on left side ignoring RTL languages.

here is the video i recorded comparing evernote and default note app regarding pointer placement:

https://streamable.com/ef1sv

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Welcome to the forums, @yusef388! This is a well-known issue, and it has been under discussion in this thread for over a year and a half:

Unfortunately, the most recent response there from an Evernote employee ("We are still working on this for a future update. I will let you know as more develops.") was over a year ago. It is really disturbing that they have neglected this for so long. One user suggested that this is how Evernote is bringing the peoples of the Middle East together! 

• 11 months later...
On 12/26/2017 at 7:29 AM, yusef388 said:

hi there,

Since Arabic language is right to left language, the pointer should begin writing from right side if the first character is Arabic.

My default phone note app do this correctly but evernote will put everything on left side ignoring RTL languages.

here is the video i recorded comparing evernote and default note app regarding pointer placement:

https://streamable.com/ef1sv

Thank you.

It's really annoying, we asked you to fix the problem for more than a year, and so far everything is the same, why?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys.. it's not just the pointer location that bothers me but the icons are not in the correct place in the arabic version they overlap and can't be used correctly. I'm attaching a screenshot of the problem in the scanner mode.

I tryed to solve it by changing the language of the app but it only uses the default phone language and gives me no other choices.

It's not just annoying it also keeping me from using the app.

Thanks..

P.S: I'm using an android phone.

Screenshot_٢٠٢٠٠١١٠-١٤٥٨٥٩_Evernote.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٠٠١١٠-١٤٥٩١٥_Evernote.jpg