PDF OCR copied or exported?

socceref

My ReMarkable tablet is a great note taking device.  I export an image PDF and include it into an Evernote document.  The Evernote text preview on my Android is near perfect.

I cannot copy the preview text.  How can I export or copy that OCR text into another Evernote document?  All help is appreciated.  Premium user. SocceRef.

It appears that the OCR scan function is only used for handwriting search.  No consider OCR is available from PDFs or images.

The tablets that allow OCR are clumsy.  I can write but need to tap, tap switch to graphic mode and draw.  Then, tap tap back to write.  I missed party of the talk sure to stupid tapping.

The correct way to tablet is to write to capture.  Then run OCR and place the drawings into Evernote.

I doubt Evernote product management reads their forums.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, socceref said:

It appears that the OCR scan function is only used for handwriting search. 

1. Evernote has an OCR feature for search indexing purposes 
  2. Handwriting is OCR'd in images, not pdfs 

Documentation at 
          How-Evernote-makes-text-inside-images-searchable
          how-evernotes-image-recognition-works/

>>I cannot copy the preview text.  How can I export or copy that OCR text into another Evernote document?

Evernote's ocr process is only used for search purposes.  You can not export or copy 

If you need this feature, you should be using an external ocr app.  I use GoodNotes (iPad) for handwriting and transcribing

>>I doubt Evernote product management reads their forums

Why is that?

Archived