Notes on Mac locked after iOS edit

I'm running 6.11.1 on my Macs (Sierra and El Capitan) and 8.2.2 on my iOS devices, all syncing.  If I edit a note on one of the iOS devices, after a Mac then syncs, the edited note has a lock on the upper right and the note is not editable on the Mac anymore.  Clicking the lock begets a message that the note is syncing and I can edit the note when it's done syncing.  However, the note has synced, as the changes show up on the Mac.  Further syncing again makes no difference. The lock never goes away unless I do one of the following 1) quit and restart Evernote, or 2) switch to Notebook view and then back to Notes view.  If I do either of these, the lock disappears and the note is editable again.

This 100% reproducible and has been happening for weeks now (not just the 6.11.1 update).  The notes don't get locked on the other iOS devices (where the note was not edited).  It does happen on all of my Macs.  It happens with all of my notes (well, I haven't tried every one of my thousands of notes, but I tried enough to determine that it is not an isolated note issue).

I have a workaround by switching views when I need to get a note unlocked, but it's a bug that gives a bad experience and really should be fixed.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't think this has been reported before,  but recent release threads have a lot of bug fixes in them,  particularly for editing issues..  6.12 should be coming soon with an up to date list - it's been out in beta for a while.  Betas are not recommended for a smooth experience,  but for information -

Archived