(Archived) The "To - Do" Box

I wonder if there is anywhere I can get more info on how best to use the "to-do" box. I have started using Egretlist and getting somewhere. Is there any table structure I can use? It would appear that the box only relates to the line of text following (or possibly sentence). What are the syntax rules there? Could I use a table in Word or Excel and place a "to-do" box in the row?

I love your product, tell everyone Downunder in Brisbane to use it, keep finding new uses, and enjoy your great podcasts. I hope you are successful in your vision - well you better be as I suspect I am stuck to you for a long time along with millions of others (hey that a pretty big tiger you are holding by the tail - have fun and enjoy your success!

David Downunder.

The "To Do" checkboxes can appear anywhere within a note, so you can insert them into any structure that you can create within the desktop clients. This means that you could put them within a table, although our desktop table editing capabilities are fairly basic, so this may not meet your precise formatting needs.

you can insert them into any structure that you can create within the desktop clients.

That's the crucial bit. The Checkbox has to be created in an EN note - not in a document that is then put into EN.

(I just started using Egretlist, and already love it.)

Thanks. I think you must have had a template originally as I seem to have one with 20 or so boxes. Can't find it again unfortunately (vaguely recall you ceased templates - pity). I'll experiment but it seems more like a flag really for searching rather than any 'to-do' functionality. Be nice if you added some more and make them user definable. Tags might work - wonder if you could connect them to the box in some way. Oh well more experimenting on the way!

Archived