(Archived) Mac Beta Questions about To Do's etc.

Hi there doesn't seem to be a place on the forum for the Mac beta so I suppose i better ask in here . The version is version 1.02a under "about Evernote" which is the latest Mac version. Being a beta i assume somethings just dont work yet.

I am a little confused about the left side panel which shows things like To Do's and then sub lists called completed and not completed. I cant figure if this is working yet. I dont seem to be able to find a way to create a new note and make it a "To Do"l. Also if I hit the note info button I get the basic info about a note plus a panel with the Tags which works fine but under that is another panel with more information as the title. I click in here and it highlights the area but I cant type anything in it, just get the default "error" tone when you touch any key.

I am not too sure if there is going to be an area in this forum for the Mac Beta version released or not but it would be very helpful. I have shown 3 of my friends with Macs this app and they love the idea.

It sure is a great application and I love the way it imap integrates with my iPhone. Excellent!

Thanks

Normally, you make a note a "todo" by inserting a checkbox. I would assume that this is the same in the mac version. You insert a checkbox in the windows version by using alt+click or ctrl+shift+c (and I think there's a right-click option) too.

The current version of EN has somewhat arbitrary definitions for todo or done. Todo means that a note has an empty checkbox. Done means that a note has a checked checkbox. You can mess with saved searches in order to get a whole range, including "in progress", "completely done", "not started yet". Do a search on the forum for a post by me with "venn diagram" in it. That details how to force the saved searches into categories that make more sense for todos.

We're currently testing an update to the Mac client which includes support for To Do checkboxes. This should be available (via software update) at the end of the week.

We're currently testing an update to the Mac client which includes support for To Do checkboxes. This should be available (via software update) at the end of the week.

Excellent . it is nice to know I am not going mad.

Is there somewhere i should be posting Beta comments ? Is this an OK section for Mac users to do this ?

Thanks

Awesome product you guys have

Excellent . it is nice to know I am not going mad.

Is there somewhere i should be posting Beta comments ? Is this an OK section for Mac users to do this ?

Thanks

Awesome product you guys have

Thanks! This is definitely the right place ... we don't have a Mac-specific forum set up, but there's enough cross-over topics that we'll just keep it all in one place for now.

Archived