Lost notes in imac after restart

Hello everybody,

My name is Nikolas and I am using Evernote more than two years now. Three days ago I restarted the iMac of my work after a long time. I have pressed sync many times before and nothing have changed. I have observed though that in the web notes and mobile Evernote the notes were different and the ones from iMac were missing. After the restart, many notes from the iMac were missing.

Actions that I have performed:

Check thrash bin - Nothing

Check web Evernote - Nothing

Check different accounts -Nothing

Restart - Nothing

Store Archive

Every help will be highly appreciated as the notes were important to my work. I could not also contact support due to my limited account. 

Thank you all.

Best,

Nikolas

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Nikolas Neth said:

the ones from iMac were missing

This indicates a syncing problem
For me syncing is automatic and I didn't have to do anything

You should check your sync settings in Preferences.
You can also force a sync by clicking the circle icon  5949318e37469_ScreenShot2017-06-20at07_30_20.png.c24d39b802bc6ac7d462c5bf6eaf1062.png

Thank you for replying! I have tried to sync multiple times. Unfortunately, it did not solve my problem. From the website also the notes are missing. It is like the notes are stored in the iMac and now they got sync with the website and got lost. Sounds weird I know...

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Nikolas Neth said:

It is like the notes are stored in the iMac and now they got sync with the website and got lost.

Any chance you're working with a Local Notebook on your Mac

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Nikolas Neth said:

I was using the app of Evernote which was always synced. Is that what you mean? Thanks a lot for helping me.

There are two types of notebooks594bd10068f8c_ScreenShot2017-06-22at07_14_30.png.3c8c1e089e9ced2fb56e053105a7fa56.png

- synced noteboks

- Local Notebooks; notes are stored on the Mac, and do not sync to the servers or other devices

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Nikolas Neth said:

Is there any way to check in the directory of Evernote manually for the note?

You can locate your database folder by clicking Evernote > About Evernote 
and pressing the option key
A link will open to your database folder

Open this in Finder and you can do a search

I'm not clear on your exact problem
I was thinking you had notes on your Mac that were missing from the other platforms
or is it that you have notes that are missing from all platforms

Archived