All Evernote data has disappeared from local hdd on MacBook Air

Evernote updated itself a few days ago to 6.8. I went from having all my notes available on my MacBook Air locally to having NOTHING when opening Evernote after booting up the next day. Most of my notes seem to still existing online (and can access them fine on my Android phone, iPad and other devices) but why did everything disappear from my laptop? This includes a bunch of local notebooks as well...

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, xinqinyan said:

Evernote updated itself a few days ago to 6.8. I went from having all my notes available on my MacBook Air locally to having NOTHING when opening Evernote after booting up the next day. Most of my notes seem to still existing online (and can access them fine on my Android phone, iPad and other devices) but why did everything disappear from my laptop? This includes a bunch of local notebooks as well...

Are you using the correct userid and password

If notes are available on the web platform (master version), they can be easily downloaded to rebuild your Mac database

I have the same problem. I was working in my Mac Evernote app, when an error popped up and I had to close the program. When I reopened it, there were no notes. All notes are still there on the online platform. I only have one account, one set of username/password, so its not really possible to be logged in under a wrong UN/Pw. Regardless I tried signing out and singing back in, restarting everything, synchronizing. Any other ideas?

Yes, definitely using the right username and password. It's the local Evernote MacOS application that's installed. All of the files are still in /Library/ but the local application doesn't seem to recognise them?

The web version will include any online notebooks but it won't include the local notebooks. How do I get the local app to just recognise all the local copies of the notes that already exist?

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Pendell said:

Any other ideas?

Except for Local Notebooks, the master copy of your notes is on the Evernote servers.  The notes can be easily downloaded to your Mac

My process would be too start fresh.  

• Completely delete Evernote from your Mac; app, database etc.  The app AppCleaner is recommended for this.
  • Reinstall the app, sign on and let your database be rebuilt.  Warning: the rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

Archived