What happened to my search function?

Yesterday I turned on my Mac, and there was a message on Evernote saying something about having to do some indexing and it could take a while. I couldn't really search anything yesterday on Evernote, and the same is true today. I keep all my doctoral notes in Evernote (I even upgraded to Plus to ensure I'd be able to store everything here), so without the search function, it isn't much use to me. What's going on?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, gdn101 said:

Yesterday I turned on my Mac, and there was a message on Evernote saying something about having to do some indexing and it could take a while

I don't know what the problem was, but you can reindex using

Option Help > TroubleShooting > Recreate Index

Thanks, DTLow, that seemed to work. I'll mention that the preview of the note in the Cards view seems to be missing for most of my notes (see below). This doesn't stop me working, but I thought I'd mention it. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, gdn101 said:

Thanks, DTLow, that seemed to work. I'll mention that the preview of the note in the Cards view seems to be missing for most of my notes (see below). This doesn't stop me working, but I thought I'd mention it. 

Some other self help steps

1. Reboot your device
  2. Delete the app and reinstall
  3. Clean start; Delete the app, database and associated files.  The app AppCleaner is recommended.  
    The database will be rebuilt from the master version on the Evernote servers.  
    Warning: the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

Archived