How to open tag-list?

Bluesy

When I write a notice I use tags (I hope this is the right English word) to organize them. I have a complete list of tags, that I use. How can I show this list and choose from it, when editing a notice?

tx

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, Bluesy said:

When I write a notice I use tags (I hope this is the right English word) to organize them. I have a complete list of tags, that I use. How can I show this list and choose from it, when editing a notice?

You'll get a more specific answer if you identify your platform

On my Mac, I have my taglist in my sidebarScreen Shot 2017-01-23 at 8.18.29 AM.png
I usually just start typing in the tag area and get a dropdown

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 8.20.48 AM.png

Thanks and you are right: I work on a Mac. And I know the tag list in the sidebar. And I get the dropdown, when I stat writing. But I need it as a complete list to chose from. Alt+ cmd +3 opens the list from the sidebar, but this is not to choose from. Most of my notices are tagged with more then one item. That is why I need the list to choose from.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Bluesy said:

opens the list from the sidebar, but this is not to choose from.

Actually if you drag your note to a tag in the sidebar, the tag will be added to the note

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Bluesy said:

That sounds nice and would solve the problem. Did not know, that this is possible. How do I show the tags in the sidebar? 

On Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 1.04.10 PM.pngmy Mac its View > Sidebar Options > Show Tag List

Thanks again, DTLow. When I open the sidebar options, I do not see the option "Show Tag List". Other options that I do not see are "Shortcuts", "Recent Notes", "Hide Note Counts" and "Hide Notebook List". I am working with Evernote Vers. 6.10. and the latest macOS Sierra. Any idea?

• Level 5*
On 2017-01-23 at 10:55 PM, Bluesy said:

I am working with Evernote Vers. 6.10. and the latest macOS Sierra. Any idea?

As in, you're using the web platform?

The features are limited; you'd get more features using the Mac Evernote software

2 hours ago, Bluesy said:

I am using Evernote as it comes from the App Store. If this is the web platform, what else do they have? And where do I find it?

I believe what DTLow was wondering is whether you were actually looking at the online version of Evernote located at www.evernote.com. But it appears you are using Evernote on your Mac.

On 1/24/2017 at 0:55 AM, Bluesy said:

Thanks again, DTLow. When I open the sidebar options, I do not see the option "Show Tag List". Other options that I do not see are "Shortcuts", "Recent Notes", "Hide Note Counts" and "Hide Notebook List". I am working with Evernote Vers. 6.10. and the latest macOS Sierra. Any idea?

I am perplexed by why you do not see these selections under View>Sidebar Options. They should be the same on every Mac Evernote ver. 6.10.

It is a German version so we might get mobbed B). But it is on my Mac, it is 10.6 and I do not have these choices. When I changed from free Evernote to Premium I was wondering if I should erase the whole App and start it completely new. Could this be helpful?

15 minutes ago, Bluesy said:

It is a German version so we might get mobbed B). But it is on my Mac, it is 10.6 and I do not have these choices. When I changed from free Evernote to Premium I was wondering if I should erase the whole App and start it completely new. Could this be helpful?

The German version may well be the culprit. I would definitely delete it and install the U.S. version either directly from Evernote (https://evernote.com/download/) or from the Mac App Store. Here’s how I would go about deleting the German app:

1. First make sure you’ve synced all your notes. Sign into the online version of Evernote. Make sure that all your notebooks, notes, tags, etc. are there because once you delete the app off your Mac then this data will be what gets downloaded into the new app you’re installing. 
2. Use an app like AppCleaner (http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/) to delete your existing EN app.
3.  Install the new app.
4. Once you open the app and sign in, it should download load all your notes, and hopefully under View>Sidebar Options, you’ll see Show Tag List.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Bluesy said:

I am using Evernote as it comes from the App Store.

Can you post a screenshot of the options you see.  I would have thought this was standard accross all languages

So here is the screenshot. It is all in German, but it comes exactly as you know it in English.

What's missing is Shortcuts, Recent Notes, Hide (or show) Note Counts, Hide Notebook List and Show Tag List.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-25 um 15.27.59.png

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, Bluesy said:

So here is the screenshot. It is all in German, but it comes exactly as you know it in English.

What's missing is Shortcuts, Recent Notes, Hide (or show) Note Counts, Hide Notebook List and Show Tag List.

I'm looking at your sidebar which is reduced so it shows the minimum about of informationScreen Shot 2017-01-25 at 6.57.15 AM.png

You can drag the sidebars increasing the width which allows for much more detail

Archived