We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Idea

Hello, 

New Evernote for iOS looks pretty cool. Wish it had a dark option so I didn't need sunglasses to look at the app at night. Also, I keep getting asked if I want to allow push notifications. There is no "NO" just a "Not Now" so everytime I relaunch Evernote I get asked again. How to I make it never send me push notifications and never ask me again? Why not just a simple "NO"?

I dont understand the need for Evernote to force itself on my day to day.

Troy

• Like 2

3 replies to this idea

4 hours ago, jonzinator said:

Hello, 

New Evernote for iOS looks pretty cool. Wish it had a dark option so I didn't need sunglasses to look at the app at night. Also, I keep getting asked if I want to allow push notifications. There is no "NO" just a "Not Now" so everytime I relaunch Evernote I get asked again. How to I make it never send me push notifications and never ask me again? Why not just a simple "NO"?

I dont understand the need for Evernote to force itself on my day to day.

Troy

I agree. This nagging is probably a bug, but it comes about because Evernote designs the app to . I wish they'd rethink this, treat us like adults, and let us customize our experience the way we'd like. If I don't want the push notifications, I am not sure why Evernote thinks it is a good idea to nag me until I give in.

• Like 1

I finally said "OK" then went into my notifications and turn them off entirely for evernote. Seems like a small thing but so annoying to have to work around the system.

It seems to be related to synching -- somehow if you enable the notifications the app can synch in the background. I haven't seen that in other apps (some apps use geolocation to enable background processing), but I don't think EN really cares if you have "real" notifications -- the point is to add the background synch. So if it were me, I'd turn on notifications but turn off popups, sounds, banners, and so on.

But that's just a guess.

• Like 1