(Archived) evernotes on windows 7

I've been running evernotes 3.1 on Vista and recently bought a new computer with with windows 7. What version of evernotes should I install on windows 7 and how do I move my evernotes .enb's to windows 7? Can I just copy my .enb's or do I have to create new notebooks and import my old data?

Bill Kopf

I hope it's OK if I add a question here, and maybe another thing for Bill to think about (although, for your sake Bill, I hope you don't end up in the same trap as me)....

I suspect the official Evernote answer will be to install 3.5 on Windows 7 but is 3.1 also known to run well under Windows 7, i.e. does a Windows 7 user still have the choice of upgrading to 3.5 or sticking with 3.1 if they hate the new 3.5 user interface?

(Wanting to track the latest and best-supported release (3.5.x) but not being able to bring myself to use it because I find the user interface such a step backwards from 3.1 is the "trap" that I find myself in.)

- Julian

FWIW, I picked up a new laptop in December with Win 7. I have both Evernote 3.1 and 3.5 installed, although I find myself using 3.1 the most. It r uns fine under Win 7. Not sure what the support status is of this this version.

I did a google search on "download Evernote 3.1" and came up with several locations from where you can get it.

FWIW, I picked up a new laptop in December with Win 7. I have both Evernote 3.1 and 3.5 installed, although I find myself using 3.1 the most. It r uns fine under Win 7. Not sure what the support status is of this this version.

I did a google search on "download Evernote 3.1" and came up with several locations from where you can get it.

Thanks. That's helpful.

I'm catching up on updates to threads I subscribed to here and ironically enough this is the post I just read before this one (viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16580&p=66672#p66672). WSP's post on 16th May relating to startup speed issues with both 3.1 and 3.5 installed on the same machine might be of interest to you if you ever do find yourself using 3.5 more and you get issues with slow startup. Perhaps something to file away in your mind and remember for the future.

It's interesting to see yet another person here who seems to find the 3.1 UI nicer to use than 3.5.

- Julian

Archived