can't create stacks

i recently installed evernote on my win7 laptop. after i opened it i noticed that my notebooks were organised a bit differently when it comes to stacks (for example: [stack]school => [notebook]economy, [stack]school => [notebook]history instead of [stack]school => [notebook]economy, [notebook]history). tried to sync again, log in again, even reinstalled it a few times, but nothing worked, so i eventually gave up and manually deleted the stacks. i wanted to organise them the way i wanted again, but even though i could create a new stack, i couldn't change its name. is there a way to fix this? because i think i can't create stacks in the web version, can i?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can you send a screenshot of what your left panel looks like?  Mine looks (in part) like the image below with the ">" arrows indicating stacks and the coloured lines in the dropped-down stack showing notebooks.  If you right-click a notebook name the drop-down menu gives you the opportunity to send it to an existing stack or create a new one.

How to organize notebooks into stacks

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*

Just drag and drop a notebook name in the left panel over the top of an existing stack and it should become  member of that stack.  Right-click the stack name to rename it,  or left-click and press F2.  If you click in the left window you should be able to scroll up and down to see more than notebooks.

Archived