Updated to Evernote 6.10 on Mac. Now all notebooks and notes are duplicate.

I was running an older version of Evernote without any problems and then accidentally pressed the update button last week. Since I've updated to 6.10, all my notebooks and all my notes are duplicate. They're still showing up 'as they should be' on the web-based version when I log in. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote, and I still have two of everything. Please help. This is making my work nearly impossible. 

Hi @EstherH, welcome to the Forums!

Since your content appears properly on the web, I would like to have you try the following process to force the Mac application to re-sync all of your notes from the server.

To force the Mac application to sync all of your notes from the server, follow these steps:

Please open your computer’s web browser, go to www.evernote.com, sign into your account, and make sure all of your notes and notebooks appear as expected. Then, follow these steps:

1. Open Evernote for Mac

2. Hold the Shift and Option keys on your keyboard and click the sync wheel

3. Depending on the number of notes in your account, the amount of time it can take for the force sync to finish will vary.

Please allow the application to complete the sync process before continuing to use the application.

Let me know how this goes!

• 8 months later...

I have the same problem with duplicated notebooks. Web and iPhone versions do not have the duplicated notebooks. I have tried uninstalling & re-installing Evernote, and have tried the above mentioned Shift-Option-Sync all without success. Any help appreciated!

I have the same problem with duplicated notebooks. Web and iPhone versions do not have the duplicated notebooks. I have tried uninstalling & re-installing Evernote, and have tried the above mentioned Shift-Option-Sync all without success. Any help appreciated!

Archived