Evernote crashes when I try to sign in

I recently changed my password and then signed out and back in again on my Mac, which went just fine. However, when I tried to sign in again on my iPhone (running iOS 10.1.1), it stopped responding and even the keyboard was frozen. If I went to my homescreen and back to the Evernote app, it would close. When I'd tried to re-open it and try to sign in again, it would crash again. I've tried this multiple times and the results are always the same. And I even tried uninstalling Evernote and installing it again. I even tried restarting my phone. No dice.

Also, it always crashes on the same letter of my password. I can't even enter the rest of it.

After even more testing, I decided to test random characters in the password field. It always crashes after entering 16 characters into the password field. I can enter as many characters as I like into the username/email field, but the password field causes problems for some reason.

I can't use Evernote on my phone until this gets sorted out. It seems like my only option would be to have a shorter password, but I'd prefer to avoid that if it's at all possible.

Any ideas?

Also, I am currently paying for Evernote Premium. I'm not sure if that makes any difference for this problem.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, 234532452345345 said:

I recently changed my password and then signed out and back in again on my Mac, which went just fine. However, when I tried to sign in again on my iPhone (running iOS 10.1.1), it stopped responding and even the keyboard was frozen. If I went to my homescreen and back to the Evernote app, it would close. When I'd tried to re-open it and try to sign in again, it would crash again. I've tried this multiple times and the results are always the same. And I even tried uninstalling Evernote and installing it again. I even tried restarting my phone. No dice.

Also, it always crashes on the same letter of my password. I can't even enter the rest of it.

After even more testing, I decided to test random characters in the password field. It always crashes after entering 16 characters into the password field. I can enter as many characters as I like into the username/email field, but the password field causes problems for some reason.

I can't use Evernote on my phone until this gets sorted out. It seems like my only option would be to have a shorter password, but I'd prefer to avoid that if it's at all possible.

Any ideas?

Also, I am currently paying for Evernote Premium. I'm not sure if that makes any difference for this problem.

You should open a support ticket asap   Contact Evernote Support

There are others reporting the same problem

Good Luck, and let us know what happens

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 2016-12-21 at 11:11 PM, Phillippee said:

iOS 10.2 does not help.  I'm wonder why I paid for Premium if I can't access my stuff on iPhone

As above, you should contact Evernote support Contact Evernote Support Twitter @evernotehelps  

There are benefits to a Premium Subscription (like enhansed support)
iPhone access is available in the free account

Archived