Clipping Everything

thefonebug

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, thefonebug said:

All of a sudden Evernote will not let me copy and paste in any other window because every time I right click copy in any window (web, Word,etc.) it gets clipped and shows up in my notebook.  How can I turn it off?

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Hi.  Screenshots of your right click menu if this is still an issue please.

• Level 5*

Perhaps I'm being specially stupid today,  because your screenshots didn't help to explain that to me at all.  Let's start over.  You're saying that whenever you right-click on an open page in your browser,  and choose 'copy' it gets clipped to Evernote?  - I don't see an option to copy in your first screen shot,  and I don't see an Evernote clipper icon in the menu bar.  Is it possible that some keyboard combination is causing the problem?  I see that you're looking at a Howtogeek page on Win 10 screenshots...

When I select some text from any kind of open window, Word doc, browser, bookmarks etc. I can cut and copy with right clicks or keyboard shortcuts and as soon as I do, a GUI pops up in the bottom right of the screen very briefly, but long enough to know something's just happened. Next, where the problem lies, is if I right click and paste the text will populate just as it should. However, if I try the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+v, to paste it does not respond by placing the copied text. Later, when I was in Evernote, I found a dozen notes that were exactly what was cut or copied and it happened in the background so I was unaware what was happening until I went into Evernote and saw it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kev. 

• Level 5*

OK - so when Evernote is running in the background,  Ctrl+C will clip the selection and Ctrl+V pastes it into a new note.  The fix for that is:  change the key combination or File > Exit Evernote.

Archived