2 chrome windows with 2 different google id

Maruchi

Hi,

I am a very happy evernote camper with web clipper running on two separate chrome windows with different google id signed-on ( business and personal ).

So far I have no problem as the web clippers are signed in using evernote user id.

My question is: Would it still work if I switch from evernote account to google id?

To be more elaborate, what happens if I use my personal google id to sign in for web clipper on the chrome which already logged in with my "work" google account?

Thanks

• Level 5*

My impression of Google is that it dislikes simultaneous sign-ins on two mail accounts.  I used to run two Google windows for two separate accounts,  and found that unless I was careful to sign in with one account and then 'add' another account to that to sign in in the second window,  I'd get kicked out of one or both accounts pretty quickly.  This is in Firefox rather than Chrome,  so YMMV.  Plus,  you're using Google to sign in to Evernote,  so after the sign in all the traffic from Clipper is with Evernote.

What I'd suggest however is just that you try it. - Cautiously,  and when you have a free 10 minutes or so to make sure that clips do go to the correct account.  There's theoretically no reason why it shouldn't work.  Theoretically... ;)

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2016 at 3:24 PM, gazumped said:

My impression of Google is that it dislikes simultaneous sign-ins on two mail accounts.  I used to run two Google windows for two separate accounts,  and found that unless I was careful to sign in with one account and then 'add' another account to that to sign in in the second window,  I'd get kicked out of one or both accounts pretty quickly.  This is in Firefox rather than Chrome,  so YMMV.  Plus,  you're using Google to sign in to Evernote,  so after the sign in all the traffic from Clipper is with Evernote.

What I'd suggest however is just that you try it. - Cautiously,  and when you have a free 10 minutes or so to make sure that clips do go to the correct account.  There's theoretically no reason why it shouldn't work.  Theoretically... ;)

It has not worked for me although exactly how I don't know as I not spent time running anything with debug mode or checking logs carefully.

I may try again with hacker's mind soon. :-)

Archived