Sync problems with imported files (.enex)

Hello
About three months ago i imported into my Evernote account a Notebook (.enex) that a friend sent me. 
I have created a lot of notes inside that notebook, as i have created new Notebooks and notes.
3 days ago i got a new pc and as i sync, i notice that the Notebook that i imported, in which i add a lot of notes is missing. All the notes!! (the imported and the new ones). As for the other notebooks and notes everything was correctly synced!
What's strange is that all the tags that i created on that specific lost Notebook were synced as well, however are "empty"..
Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you still have your old PC?  Your problem likely is that when a notebook is imported from ENEX,  the default is to create a Local Notebook which is part of your local database,  but is never synced to the cloud.  So Evernote has never saved the notebook - it's still on your old hard drive. 

If you can run Evernote on that PC again and export the database,  you'll be able to move it to the new device - and I'd recommend that you move all the notes into another synced notebook so this can't happen again!

• Level 5*

Sorry to hear that.  Too little,  too late I know,  but if you had a local backup of the database as part of your system backup or as a separate item,  you would have been able to restore it temporarily to extract the local notes and add them to the current set-up.  Backups are sometimes a life-saver...

Archived