Any way to control size of scanned pages?

kdeemer

There are many things to love about Scannable. I use it to copy handwritten pages from my notebook with my iPhone and turn them into searchable pdf's. It's amazingly good at recognizing my poor handwriting. But no matter how carefully I try to maintain a constant height about above the notebook, the widths and sizes of the scanned pages are all over the place. It would be so useful if it would recognize that all of them should be the same. Does anyone have a suggestion. I guess I could rig up some kind of s stand, but that seems like it should be unnecessary.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, kdeemer said:

There are many things to love about Scannable. I use it to copy handwritten pages from my notebook with my iPhone and turn them into searchable pdf's. It's amazingly good at recognizing my poor handwriting. But no matter how carefully I try to maintain a constant height about above the notebook, the widths and sizes of the scanned pages are all over the place. It would be so useful if it would recognize that all of them should be the same. Does anyone have a suggestion. I guess I could rig up some kind of s stand, but that seems like it should be unnecessary.

A feature of Scanable is that it analyzes the scan and trims the image.
This does require the background be a contrasting colour.
I do have a stand; unfortunately its white and this causes a problem with the automatic sizing

Here's some documentation: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209125917-Point-and-scan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived