Amazon Integration

Jasein

Idea

I just tried to use the chrome WebClip extension to clip a couple of items from Amazon's site to compare on my own. What a mess. It included every ad and none of the content. This happened repeatedly. I would be nice to be able to select a portion of a page like Snagit does and then clip that content (with a source link) to EverNote.

8 replies to this idea

Indeed, when I share to Evernote from the Amazon Fire default browser (Silk), it clips the entire page. All I want is the URL, just like I get on when sharing to Evernote on my Nexus phone. How can I configure it to clip the URL rather than the full dump? Thanks!

On 9/27/2016 at 10:17 PM, Jasein said:

I just tried to use the chrome WebClip extension to clip a couple of items from Amazon's site to compare on my own. What a mess. It included every ad and none of the content. This happened repeatedly. I would be nice to be able to select a portion of a page like Snagit does and then clip that content (with a source link) to EverNote.

The clipper has that option. I was able to clip just a portion and have a source link at the top.

Screen_Shot_2016-09-30_at_10_22_48_AM.png

B00ZV9RDKK.jpg

1 hour ago, jdmarch said:

Indeed, when I share to Evernote from the Amazon Fire default browser (Silk), it clips the entire page. All I want is the URL, just like I get on when sharing to Evernote on my Nexus phone. How can I configure it to clip the URL rather than the full dump? Thanks!

Maybe this is what you're looking for rather than the whole thing? I clipped it using the Bookmark option in clipper.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AgW8N9pNBtBHRavhws-ugHinEze930nsKPA

1 hour ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Maybe this is what you're looking for rather than the whole thing? I clipped it using the Bookmark option in clipper.

Thanks, Sayre. I'm quite new to the Amazon Fire tablet, but AFAICT there is no Evernote web clipper available for the Amazon Silk browser.

I guess will need to check whether Chrome can be installed on the new Amazon Fire tablets (I don't have the tablet with me at the moment.)

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding what you said.

27 minutes ago, jdmarch said:

Thanks, Sayre. I'm quite new to the Amazon Fire tablet, but AFAICT there is no Evernote web clipper available for the Amazon Silk browser.

I guess will need to check whether Chrome can be installed on the new Amazon Fire tablets (I don't have the tablet with me at the moment.)

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding what you said.

Oh I misunderstood that you were on an amazon tablet. I'm not quite sure how that all works but if chrome can be installed you should be good to go. ?

Apparently, Chrome is not available for the Amazon tablets, and Evernote doesn't seem to support URL clipping on Amazon's Silk browser. So back to square one.

(BTW, has anyone else noticed that the forum software here is quoting very strangely now? I haven't been here for several months, but it seems really hard to control what gets quoted in a reply.)

For the record, I was able to follow the following instructions for manually installing Google Play Store on the Fire (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/install-google-play-remove-lockscreen-ads-amazon-fire-tablet-without-root/), after which I could install Chrome, and even more importantly for efficient and flexible link sharing, the great app Pushbullet (https://www.pushbullet.com/) which I've been happily using on all my devices for the past year or so.

Archived