Evernote sync does not complete on macOS Sierra

Hello,

The problem I'm experiencing is that sync does not complete on Sierra (16A323), Evernote 6.9 (MAS version). I've let it sync for hours - Little Snitch measured at least 30GB of downloads, while the com.evernote.evernote folder on my Mac remained approximately constant at 4gb. This was while Evernote steadily incurred 600-700 kilobytes/s of download traffic. On my Windows machine, Evernote has no problems syncing - the database is 7.69GB.

I've reformatted the computer and re-installed Sierra, and the problem still remains. I've also tried using the version of Evernote downloaded directly from the website.

Does anyone have any ideas? The Activity Log can be downloaded from here (it's not small enough to be attached to the post). I filed a support request, and the response I received was to turn off Little Snitch. I did so, but that did not change anything.

Sincerely,

Benjamin

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Teddoxpert said:

The problem I'm experiencing is that sync does not complete on Sierra (16A323), Evernote 6.9 (MAS version). I've let it sync for hours - Little Snitch measured at least 30GB of downloads, while the com.evernote.evernote folder on my Mac remained approximately constant at 4gb. This was while Evernote steadily incurred 600-700 kilobytes/s of download traffic. On my Windows machine, Evernote has no problems syncing - the database is 7.69GB.

I've reformatted the computer and re-installed Sierra, and the problem still remains. I've also tried using the version of Evernote downloaded directly from the website.

Does anyone have any ideas? The Activity Log can be downloaded from here (it's not small enough to be attached to the post). I filed a support request, and the response I received was to turn off Little Snitch. I did so, but that did not change anything.

I don't usually spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices

My steps would be

1. Reboot my device, this often solves problems
  2. Delete the app and database; Reinstall the app and let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild does not include local notebooks or unsynced notes
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Teddoxpert said:

Thank you for your reply. I've tried both steps - in fact, I reformatted my Mac and re-installed Evernote. The problem still remains.

Reformatting the Mac sounds extreme

Just to be clear - you deleted the database?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Teddoxpert said:

I've tried both steps - in fact, I reformatted my Mac and re-installed Evernote. The problem still remains.

Perhaps you can get more information by looking at the Activity log under the Help menu.
It might give you an idea of what the problem is.

I figured out a way to complete the sync. I partitioned my MBP and installed El Capitan, and then Evernote (Direct). It took 7 hours to finish syncing. I then deleted the Evernote files on the Sierra partition, and copied the com.Evernote.Evernote folder from El Cap's partition into ~/Library on the Sierra partition, and installed Evernote (direct). Sync now works on macOS Sierra.

Archived