Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

Import Palm Memos for Pre

palm evernote

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 xenophonite

xenophonite

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

I'm looking for a way to import Palm Desktop/Treo memos into Evernote. I saw instructions for doing each memo manually but I have over 400, need something better. I also have the memos sync'd to Yahoo notepad if there is a way to transfer that way.

Hope someone can figure out a way. There is no migration of Palm memos to Pre that anyone has found.

#2 rogenc

rogenc

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

Looking for same. I'm actually looking for that (import from Palm Pre) and import from old PalmOS.
If that becomes available, I'm up for upgrading to a paid sub right away. Hoping for that is actually what got me into Evernote in the first place.

Don't even need a complete handout. Would be glad if Evernote just had a generic import tool I could use to import a dump from a PalmOS export (.txt) with one or two fields (say, the actual text, and maybe the category, as a tag)

Seems like such a simple generic import tool (vs the two specific ones you now have) would allow many users from many tools to come over, including we new and old palm people.

Thanks
Roger

#3 metamatt

metamatt

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:27 AM

I'm writing a simple tool to do this. It's nearly done; let me know if you're interested in testing it, and also what version of Palm Desktop you're running on what OS (for example, 4.2.2 for Mac, etc).

#4 belldl

belldl

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

"I'm writing a simple tool to do this. It's nearly done; let me know if you're interested in testing it"

I am - I'd like to use Evernote, but I've got hundreds of Palm Desktop (not Pre) notes.

#5 daphne17

daphne17

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:07 AM

I have about 300 Palm OS Memos and I would love to try an importer tool. Please let me know how I can help test the tool. Many thanks!

#6 metamatt

metamatt

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

This tool is now ready for use on Macs -- I haven't packaged it for Windows yet.

You can download it from http://www.maddogsw.... ... -importer/ -- let me know how it goes.

#7 X1011

X1011

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

eagerly awaiting the windows version :D

#8 metamatt

metamatt

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

OK, the Windows version is there now too (and source for anybody not running Windows or OS X or who hates bloated downloads).

Same place: http://www.maddogsw.... ... -importer/.

#9 X1011

X1011

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:23 AM

that worked nicely. Though i would like an option to omit the first line of a memo (and the blank line after it, if any), because it becomes redundant when it is made the title of the note.

#10 metamatt

metamatt

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

Interesting. I tried that at first, but it's not always possible to use the entire first line as the title (Evernote has a limit on the title length, Palm has no such limit on the length of a line), so doing it that way choked on some of my sample data. I didn't want to get into fancy heuristics on where to split the first line if it doesn't fit.

I suppose I could move the first line to the title if it fits entirely, otherwise keep it in the body and duplicate the part that fits as the title, but that's going to confuse people.

I don't really want to add options to what's currently a simple process.

#11 X1011

X1011

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

perhaps you could make it a hidden option enabled by editing a config file.

if you're ready for more users, post this on the PreCentral forums. I'm sure they'd love to see it.

#12 twohawks

twohawks

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

#13 BizMobile

BizMobile

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:43 PM

Just found this thread...Great app for the notes, great job, thanks!

#14 maryannbn

maryannbn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

OK! I have to pile on. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I absolutely had to import my years and years of Palm memos to my Iphone and you made it possible and simple. Thank you!

#15 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

FYI, this worked for me (getting notes from Palm desktop into Evernote via Outlook):

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7567&p=63444&hilit=palm+outlook#p35881
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#16 taventa

taventa

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

So, I'm working on the solution to upload Palm notes to Evernote.

I'm stuck at the loading the EvernotePalmImporter.exe.

Error message: The specified module could not be found. LoadLibrary (pythondll) failed.

Went to Microsoft application support libraries (link) and loaded that program. Restarted, but still getting the same error message.

Tried the next link [ Python: (132KB gzipped tarball).] and my computer doesn't recognize what application to associate it with....so I think I'm stuck, any ideas?

Looks like a great program, wish I could use it.

#17 metamatt

metamatt

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:21 AM

Sorry, I don't have any idea why you're getting that LoadLibrary error message. If you want to try installing software on your computer so it knows what to do with the smaller source version (the gzipped tarball), you would want to:
- install WinZip (http://www.winzip.com/index.htm). This will let you open the .tar.gz file (it's similar to a .zip file), and extract the files inside. The important one is EvernotePalmMemoImporter.py, but your computer probably won't know what to do with this one yet either.
- install Python (http://www.python.org/download/). Grab the 2.7 version.
- install wxPython (http://downloads.sou... ... 0-py27.exe).

After installing all of these, you should be able to run EvernotePalmMemoImporter.py.

I hope this helps!

#18 gilbe

gilbe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

I use gSyncit for syncing Outlook with Google. It allows multiple calendar sync and also supports contact sync.
http://www.daveswebs...software/gsync/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: other, palm, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote