Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Autoimport HTML

evernote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Schooner

Schooner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

WinEN 4.5.7.7070, Vista64
Having trouble with destructive-autoimport folder ignoring .html files
Files in question are an html dump of Journler entries. Pretty much text only.

Is HTML file import supported?
I also note if I copy the files to an EN note I get an attachment display rather than HTML display in the note.

Confused...

/Schooner

Update 12.06.03 15:20PDT:
  • No problem importing/autoimporting plain-jane HTML created/saved by MSWord.
  • The offending imports behave well if first batch-converted (Doxillion) to .rtf
  • The offending files have an arcane (refractory-to-amateur-dabblers) header as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR...l1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css" />
<title>090316</title>
<meta name="Generator" content="Cocoa HTML Writer" />
<meta name="CocoaVersion" content="949.54" />
<style type="text/css">
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Lucida Grande; color: #808080}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Lucida Grande; color: #000000}
p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Lucida Grande; color: #808080; min-height: 13.0px}
p.p4 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Georgia}
p.p5 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Georgia; min-height: 14.0px}
span.s1 {color: #000000}
span.s2 {color: #808080}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<p class="p1">Title:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><span class="s1">090316</span></p>
<p class="p2"><span class="s2">Date:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span>March 16, 2009 6:05 PM</p>
<p class="p1">Category:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><span class="s1">diary</span></p>
<p class="p1">Tags: <span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></p>

#2 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,756 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Does your Activity Log give any indication of a problem?
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#3 Schooner

Schooner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Yup. Bad XML declaration (which means the square-root-of-squat to me, but I get the drift - EN doesn't like the files). In my flap I never thought of checking the log - there's litany of the following:

14:37:25 [7124] HTML Package ENML Validation error: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
14:37:25 [7124] * m_title: 090316
14:37:25 [7124] Failed to import: "C:\Users\*****\Documents\For EVERNOTE\AUTOIMPORT+\090316.html"
14:38:12 [7124] HTML Package ENML Validation error: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document

[Resolved by batch conversion to RTF]

/Schooner

#4 kvitekp

kvitekp

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 777 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Schooner,

Would it be possible to send us .html file that fails Evernote import for inspection?

/Peter

#5 Schooner

Schooner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Peter: I killed the offending files upon discovering/executing workaround (convert > RTF > import).
Recovered examples from Drobo incremental bak, re-confirmed misbehavior in EN autoimport, attached.
/Schooner

#6 Schooner

Schooner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Peter: attempting attachment one more time. /Schooner

Attached Files

#7 Julio Valencia

Julio Valencia

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

What is the solution here with the following error?

I have the same issue with 230 html files, do i need to send you all of them?

This is the error message:

HTML Package ENML Validation error: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document

#8 jefito

jefito

• 10,756 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

If they're all similar, the one would probably do fine. I got the message when I tried to import one of Schooner's files attached above, with the latest Windows prerelease (4.6.2.7880).
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#9 Julio Valencia

Julio Valencia

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

How can I fix this, i would like to import all 230 files, what do i need to change? Or is this a limitation of evernote?

#10 jefito

jefito

• 10,756 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

How can I fix this, i would like to import all 230 files, what do i need to change? Or is this a limitation of evernote?

I'd recommend opening a support request: see the link in my signature.
~Jeff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote