Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

voice recognition

evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 continea

continea

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

My friend had Evernote on an Iphone and he was able to speak what he wanted to write, but I do not find this voice recognition feature in my Android
help please?

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

AFAIK, EN does not provide any voice to text features. Your friend was probably using a third party tool such as Dragon or Dial2Do.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 katahdin

katahdin

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • Group: Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

I think voice recognition is part of the input function. On my original droid - when you're entering via the keyboard, there is a mic icon to the left of the space bar which prompts for voice. It seems to work pretty well if you have a good 3g or wifi connection.
EN 4.5.1 / Android 2.2.2 / Firefox 8.0 / Vista & XP

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Yes, to clarify...

Although this is the Android section, OP stated his friend was using an iPhone. On the EN iPhone app you can enter voice notes. But that's all it is - an audio recording. There is no voice to text functionality applied to the voice notes. There are other apps like Dragon, Dial2Do, for the iPhone that can provide this functionality on the iPhone. And OP's friend must have been using a third party app to do this.

I don't have an Android device, so cannot help with that side of things. As katahdin mentioned, there may be another option on the droid devices to provide this functionality.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote