Cannot playback audio attachment (m4a)

Hi,

I am having trouble playing all my audio attachment file format (m4a, recorded on iPhone) on my iPhone 3GS. The error message is always "Error communicating with the Evernote Servers: WebKitErrorDomain (204)". The only way I can play the audio file is to email it back to myself and play it outside Evernote. I've deleted the app, reinstalled it and rebooted the device and no help.

The same thing happens on iPad except after the error message, the audio file would play fine.

Thanks.

In addition, if The files are stored offline, iPad will generate error message but will play. iPhone, albeit the files are stored offline, the error message will change to "102" and will not play. If the files are not stored offline, then the iPad will not play as well.

We believe that we have fixed this for the next release of the iPhone client (3.3.4). We sent this to Apple this week, so hope to see it in the App Store soon.

Thanks

Unfortunatly, the latest update 3.34 only solved the problem for iPad but not iPhone. The error message for iPhone offline and online access has become "webkiterrordomain 102". We tried the following - uninstalled the app, reboot and reinstalled, and reboot. Result is the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
What application did you use to record this audio file? I.e. did you create this file using Evernote, or did this come from another application?

Thanks

I have the same problem : i cant play my audio attachement. I created the audio file using apple's voice recorder (.m4a), and tried two things :

1. Sending directly by mail to evernote

2. Sending by mail to myself, and then forwarding the mail to evernote.

In both cases it does not work.

I get either this message : "Evernote was unable to submit your note for the following reason:

Emailed note was received, but was rejected due to problems with the note itself.

[After filtering, the submitted message had no usable content. - After filtering, the submitted message had no usable content.]"

Or the mail i sent, without the file attached.

This means i can't put my audio voice files previously recorded into Evernote.

Any solutions ?

Sincerely

I created the audio file using apple's voice recorder (.m4a), and tried two things :

1. Sending directly by mail to evernote

2. Sending by mail to myself, and then forwarding the mail to evernote.

Hmmm... I recorded a voice memo on my iPhone 3G & emailed it directly to my EN account with no problem. Can you tell the size of the file? Perhaps the file size exceeds the note size you are allotted? (IIRC, 25mb free, 50mb premium?)

Can you tell the size of the file? Perhaps the file size exceeds the note size you are allotted? (IIRC, 25mb free, 50mb premium?)

590 Ko sur le disque (586 393 octets). Not very heavy stuff. Anything i could try ?

Yes, if you have a Free account, you may only attach files of type:

GIF, PNG, JPEG, PDF, WAV, MP3, AMR

Premium accounts may attach any file (up to a total of 50MB for a single note).

• 5 months later...

Sorry for tuning into this discussion quite late, but I seem to have a problem that relates to this thread. I've attached some m4a audio files on my Mac, and the files seem to sync fine to my iPhone 3G. However, the file type is not recognised by Evernote. I have no problems playing back mp3 files at all. I am a premium user, and the m4a files are normal stereo 128kbit files, so I can't really see what I am doing wrong here. Is m4a not supported by Evernote on the iPhone?

• 2 years later...

Hi there!

I have almost the same problem. Almost. For now I have two iOS 7 devices with up to date Evernote app (7.0.2.304425) and Evernote 5.0.2.1392 for Windows. When I record an audio attachment in Evernote for iOS 7 I can play on any iOS 7 device, but I can't play it in Evernote for Windows.

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

Apparently the issue is due to the fact that the Evernote app doesn't support the m4a extension. If you log in via the website you will be able to play it if you have a media player capable of supporting .m4a files.

Archived