Action item aggregation

NightHowler

Idea

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2016-08-05 at 6:07 AM, NightHowler said:

How good would it be to aggregate all of your check boxes (or other sort of action item marker) into one master list?

I have a bunch of random check boxes, but no really good way to get a list of these items in one place.

Cheers!

The only solution I've found is using an AppleScript on my Mac.

I prefer the reverse; break out the "check boxes (or other sort of action item marker)" into separate notes.

Then you can use saved searches to " get a list of these items in one place"

On 05/08/2016 at 2:07 PM, NightHowler said:

How good would it be to aggregate all of your check boxes (or other sort of action item marker) into one master list?

I have a bunch of random check boxes, but no really good way to get a list of these items in one place.

Cheers!

I think it is a great idea. Ideally, you would be able to tag a part of a note as an action to go into one particular action list. For example, you may have personal actions, work actions etc. You may also have actions you want to assign to others which would be great to be able to do via Evernote.

This would make note taking in meetings using evernote MUCH more powerful. As it stands, I have about 10 active projects and regularly make notes in these notebooks or one of numerous others. Any actions in these notes can be very hard to find and therefore to check whether they have been done.

Archived