How to create an audio note on Android phone?

Hi,

I'm on a Nexus 4 (not sure if this matters) and I don't see the option anywhere to create a voice note.

Creating voice notes for me comes up most often when I am away from my computer and only have my mobile, since I don't have access to my normal keyboard...

Am I missing something? I looked at the Upgrade screen curious to know if this was now a paid feature, but I didn't find it there.

Thanks! I attached a screen capture of the options I see when creating a new note (blocked out my note content).

ENNewNoteAndroid.png

Hello @DrewDavid,

Thank you for posting.

In the latest version of Evernote for Android, to create an audio recording within a new or existing note, simply tap the paperclip icon in the upper right-hand corner of the note to reveal more attachment options, and you should see the "Record Audio" option (please see the attached image).

Also, you should be able to launch and create a brand new audio note by tapping on the green "+" icon to reveal the audio note option, when creating a new note. If you are using an Android phone and do not see the "Audio" icon listed as part of the options when tapping on the green "+" icon, you can manually customize these options.

• Open up your Evernote Android app > long-press/hold on to the "+" icon until you see the option, "Do you want to customize your + button?" (Please see the attached image)

• Select "Customize" > then locate the "Audio" option and tap on it to add the option to your list

• Tap "Save" when you're done with the change

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Archived