Can not log into my account

While logging into my Evernote account, I entered the wrong email address.  Next, a security popup asked me is this the correct email address and I didn't notice the email address was not correct.  I put in my password and now I can't access my account.

My Evernote email address is ********@gmail.com the error occurred when I entered this address in error ********@gmaml.com

I tried Evernote support, and they keep sending the new login info to an email address (jmweiner@gmaml.com) I can't access.

Now I am Stuck; online support doesn't work, and I can't talk to a real person.

Please help!

Hey @jmweiner,

If you recall the password you used to set up the account, you can log in with the ********@gmaml.com email address and that password, then navigate to the Settings page and select Security Summary to update the email address. Let me know if you have any trouble doing this, or if you have any other questions.

38 minutes ago, amanda_h said:

Hey @jmweiner,

If you recall the password you used to set up the account, you can log in with the ********@gmaml.com email address and that password, then navigate to the Settings page and select Security Summary to update the email address. Let me know if you have any trouble doing this, or if you have any other questions.

had same issue, above worked like a charm 

1 hour ago, jmweiner said:

Thanks for the quick response.

When I try to change the email address, this is what comes up.

This email address is already in use.

Hey @jmweiner,

Just got back to you via email, but for others who may run into the same issue, here's how you can free up an email address that's already in use (associated with another Evernote account):

To free up the email address, you will need to update the Evernote account using a third email address. To do this, log into that account on evernote.com using a laptop or desktop web browser (if the account has been deactivated, you can reactivate it here, then navigate to Account Settings and select Security Summary from the lefthand column. If you don't have an additional email address to add to this account, or you do not wish to use one of your additional email addresses, I suggest using a service such as 10 Minute Mail

Once you have done this, you can deactivate (at the very bottom of the Account Summary page), then log into your primary account. You should then be able to update the email address successfully.

• 2 years later...

Archived