Camera Not Working in Document Mode - Android

Hi,

I had until the last couple days been using the 1x4 widget and had a tool on it for a document scanner (camera). Yesterday I tried to use it and the tool was gone from the widget. I supposed it was probably due to an update. I read in the help docs about using the camera but when I create a new note and choose camera, I see no swipe-able options to choose Document mode or Camera mode. It appears the same as when using the standard camera with no Evernote specific features apparent. When I take a photo of a receipt placed on a dark contrasting background, all I get is a large photo jpg that shows the background rather than a clean cropped image, and the text is not digitized either as it used to be.

I'm using Evernote 7.8.2 on a Motorola Moto X 1st generation phone

I used the document scan camera feature a lot for receipts. I hope I can fix this... Your help is appreciated

Hello @amsterplan,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. At this time I would like for us to try the following steps to see if this clears it up.

1. Open Evernote on your Android device
2. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner
3. Select **Settings > Camera >**Check **"Activate multi-shot"**
4. Go back and activate the camera and see if you see these options

If you still run into the problem, please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on your camera screen in Evernote.

Thank you for your help Matt,

That did the trick. IMHO users should have been notified of the change since I was using the document camera from the widget for so long and that was the only way I was familiar with to get a clean scan with digitized text.  Also, that setting needs to be clarified a little. It should possibly be made selected by default. It doesn't seemingly make sense that anyone would not want the Evernote document camera feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived