Feature Request: Merge cells option for tables

suenteus

Idea

Dear Evernote developers,

One thing I've found frustrating is the difficulty of making more visual structure of information happen inside my notes.

I mostly use tables for this (building columned text, arranging images & text together, etc) ... but what complicates matters is that you can't make your tables anything but a perfect grid.

It would be very useful to be able to merge cells in tables (either vertically or horizontally) - the way you can do in most spreadsheets. This way it would be possible, for example, to make a grid of images with some text embedded between in more of a newspaper / website style of constructing one's thoughts. I'm a visual thinker, so this really does help a lot!

best wishes

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, suenteus said:

I mostly use tables for this (building columned text, arranging images & text together, etc) ... but what complicates matters is that you can't make your tables anything but a perfect grid.

I could use this feature too.
In the meantime, I use multiple tables in a note - it allows me to vary the column structure in the rows.
In addition, using templates and multiple tables is my method for using tables on platforms that don't support table updating.

Archived