[Idea] - Support Geospatial PDF (with coordinate data)

Wouldn't it be nice? PDF support geospatial data and Evernote is all ready playing with the gps functionality of our devices.

As a backcountry adventurer, I keep in Evernote a lot of PDF Maps that have this information. It would be a nice thing to put into the pdf viewer of the mobile devices (even computer... when on a laptop). I'm not talking about a full fledge map viewer like other application but since all the info is there why not? I don't see it as a really hard and long thing to implement.

For short hike or even visiting a city (you can put your own reason here), would be nice to be able to use our favorite productivity tool to open a map with our annotation and see where we stand!

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, ZeFish said:

I don't see it as a really hard and long thing to implement.

Maybe - i'm not able to evaluate this.
The Evernote pdf viewer is fairly basic and lacks many of the features of a dedicated pdf app.

13 minutes ago, ZeFish said:

I don't see it as a really hard and long thing to implement.

It's clearly opinion based ;) and I'm mostly seeking to implement this seed of idea in the developer team.

Again... not looking for a "dedicated" pdf app as there is better option out there and I don't think Evernote is meant for that ( <- another personal point of view here). But I do think the geospatial implementation would not use a lot of UI space and therefore could be one of those : Do you know Evernote can do that?

Archived