How to change the Evernote default word processing app

Hi, not sure if anyone can help.  I use OpenOffice and save my documents into Evernote from my Windows laptop.  When I try and open the documents in my Android tablet Evernote opens them using OfficeSuite7.  I want to tell Evernote to use AndrOPen Office instead.  Does anyone know how I do that?   

• Level 5*

Hi.  That's not an Evernote preference.  Have a look at OfficeSuite7 in Android > Application Manager and scroll down to the defaults.  I think you should find OS7 is the default 'handler' for files of certain types.  Clear those settings,  and next time you open a file you should have a choice to use OS7 or AndrOPen 'just once' or all the time.  Choose 'all the time' and that should solve the problem.

• 4 years later...

I have a similar problem on my android (Samsung Galaxy S5e).  I have saved a Microsoft Word doc from my computer into Evernote, but I can't view it on my tablet.  Whenever I try to view it I get a pop up that says "Install OfficeSuite FREE to open this document".  When the document is just saved as a file on my tablet, it opens with the default app, Word, which is part of Office 365.  I had OfficeSuite FREE at one time, but removed it, and I can't find any reference to it in my tablet settings.  Anyway, the bottom line seems to be that Evernote can no longer open my Word docs :(

• Level 5*
On 12/13/2019 at 6:40 AM, Alan V0N said:

I have a similar problem on my android (Samsung Galaxy S5e).  I have saved a Microsoft Word doc from my computer into Evernote, but I can't view it on my tablet.  Whenever I try to view it I get a pop up that says "Install OfficeSuite FREE to open this document".  When the document is just saved as a file on my tablet, it opens with the default app, Word, which is part of Office 365.  I had OfficeSuite FREE at one time, but removed it, and I can't find any reference to it in my tablet settings.  Anyway, the bottom line seems to be that Evernote can no longer open my Word docs :(

AFAIK It's not an Evernote setting - not sure where the default app is assigned from.  Suggest you check with your tablet service provider and the Android forums - when you find an answer,  please share!  If I can find one I'll share it back here.