some issues (rename notebook, delete usability, auto logout,...)

Evernote is Great, but it has a few issues that really pisses me off. 

1) (web) renaming notebooks. or it is impossible or too hard to find how. 

2) (web) it loses session frequently. it's really annoying to re-login every time I let the site iddle for 20 or more minutes.

3) (web) some time when I'm writing for too long on one note, it saves several copies os the note. then I have to delete all of them later, what leads to...

4) (web) confirmation for deleting notes. moderns interfaces allow you to delete directly without confirmation and offers you a passive option to undo de operation. 

I use internet explorer 6 as a browser... just kidding (Jesus...) using CHROME with WIN8.

ps: sorry for my english. 

• Level 5*

Hi.

1)  Click Notebooks icon in left hand column.  Click on notebook to rename.  Click on "i" in notebook header area. Get to Notebook Info where you can change name and other details.

2)  Working on long notes - better to do that in a local word processor and copy/ paste the new version in place of the old one.  Leaving a web page open for a long time is very risky - very likely to get multiple copies of Conflicting Changes notes and/ or lose work due to network and connection drop-outs.

3)  See 2)

4)  See Trash Notebook - deleted notes/ notebooks always go into Trash (notebooks just dump all their notes there) so can be recovered.

IE ;)

• Level 5

Evernote is Great, but it has a few issues that really pisses me off. 

1) (web) renaming notebooks. or it is impossible or too hard to find how.

• In the left toolbar select the notebook you want to rename
  • Click in the circle with the "i" in the black rectangle on top of the note list
  • Change the name in the info dialog

2) (web) it loses session frequently. it's really annoying to re-login every time I let the site iddle for 20 or more minutes.

I think this is a safety measure to avoid that someone gets access to your data when you leave your workstation.

3) (web) some time when I'm writing for too long on one note, it saves several copies os the note. then I have to delete all of them later, what leads to...

This has been reported by several users. I just experienced it one time in case I had a very slow internet connection.

4) (web) confirmation for deleting notes. moderns interfaces allow you to delete directly without confirmation and offers you a passive option to undo de operation.

A deleted note will be in the trash folder and can be recovered from there. This is the Evernote way of undo.

Archived