"Disable" checkbox in Options (for Clipper)

Jimmyhosen

Idea

I do not want the Clipper.

I have no use for it, yet it continues to run after I have closed Evernote.

There should be a way to completely disable the Clipper via the Options menu, so that it never runs.  It is ok for it to be "on" by default upon installation, but users should have the option to completely disable it.

Maybe a better thing would be an "Enable" checkbox that is checked by default upon installation.  Users could then uncheck the box.

This is really ticking me off.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

I do not want the Clipper.

I have no use for it, yet it continues to run after I have closed Evernote.

There should be a way to completely disable the Clipper via the Options menu, so that it never runs.  It is ok for it to be "on" by default upon installation, but users should have the option to completely disable it.

Maybe a better thing would be an "Enable" checkbox that is checked by default upon installation.  Users could then uncheck the box.

This is really ticking me off.

Hi,

if you really mean the web clipper for firefox you can delete it in the add-ons window of firefox. But I think what you really mean is not the web clipper but the Mac desktop clients helper/clipper that resides in the Macs menu.

Did you try this?:

In the preferences under the General Pane.  At the bottom is the Evernote Helper section, uncheck the "Show Elephant in Menubar".

Archived