Apple Pencil

timjub

Idea

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi,

We're evaluating the Apple Pencil and iPad Pro features and expect to support it. Since Apple has not yet announced a firm release date and the SDK is currently in beta, we can't confirm when any additional features will be supported.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi,

We're evaluating the Apple Pencil and iPad Pro features and expect to support it. Since Apple has not yet announced a firm release date and the SDK is currently in beta, we can't confirm when any additional features will be supported.

Thanks,

Chuck

Great, thanks for the quick update. :) 

Hi,

Thanks,

Chuck

Good morning Chuck,

as we are approaching the release date I wondered, if you had any new information on the subject. I (and I think quite some people in the community) would very much appreciate an update.

Thanks, Axel

OK, so the Apple Pencil is out now, and I've got one!  Received it yesterday (last one at my local Apple Store), and it's pretty incredible coming from someone who has been longing for this on the iPad, since using a Tablet PC many years ago with an active stylus.  The Pencil will work in any app that accepts "ink" input...so it does work with PenUltimate today.  But, as I'm sure Evernote is well aware, it is certainly not optimized for the iPad Pro or Apple Pencil.  Since there is so much screen real estate on the iPad Pro, the app needs to be scaled to take advantage of this (right now its in "Zoom" mode from the standard iPad size).

Evernote - any updates here?  Notability is becoming my go-to handwriting app, because of the audio syncing (please buy Ginger Labs, and make this an Evernote product, or bring the same functionality) - but I need the organization ability of Evernote.  Penultimate would at least allow me to take non-audio synced notes into my Evernote workflow, and I'll use Notability for everything else until you guys finally address this.  Thanks

Hey garyFL1,

thank you for your update. This is valuable information for me.

Luck you, that you were able to get a Pencil. I will receive my iPad Pro tomorrow but will have to wait until December for the Pencil!

@Evernote/Penultimate Team: What are your plans how adjust Penultimate to the iPad Pro?

Best wishes, Axel

• Level 5

Hi all,

We're working on finalizing our next release for Penultimate and expect to submit it to Apple very soon. While there are no iPad Pro-specific changes, we will be introducing multitasking functionality and will support the Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity feature for ink weight.

Cheers,

Chuck

Archived