Cannot save new notes

Glenn2626

I have the windoze version of Evernote.  Updated to latest - 5.9.1.8742

All of a sudden yesterday I could not save any new notes.

Here's screen shot - I've clicked the 'new note' button, and it opens up in the right-hand window.  I start filling in information.  Usually all I have to do is click on another existing note and boom the new one is saved, and the middle column with overviews of notes is immediately updated (Untitled note would change to the new title, and the contents would be there).  I could then click back to that new note and update/edit it at will.

Now no matter what I do, I can't get it to save what I type in the new note.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Glenn

post-268916-0-82328400-1442071862_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hiya.  You have 348 notes,  though you're only looking at one notebook with 16 notes here - could the notes be going into a different notebook?  Check the All Notes view of your account and sort by created date just to be sure...

gazumped - I checked - new notes not saving anywhere. All Notes I do keep sorted by created date (reverse, so newest at top) and it's not there.  Good suggestion though, thanks.  I even tried syncing after typing in the new note and I'm not seeing it on my android device either.

• Level 5*

OooooooooooKayyyyy - that moves from 'strange' to 'weird'.  Could you have exceeded your monthly upload limit for your account type?  I'd suggest File > Exiting Evernote and logging back in to restart the app,  and restarting your desktop to see whether this is just some local hiccup - the step after that would be backup the database and uninstall / restart / reinstall...

Evernote Web and on my android phone both appear to be working ok.  It's just Windoze.   I have only used .01% of this month's upload, I'm still on the free version.  Looks like I'll just uninstall & reinstall on my PC.

AH - I see that version 5.9.0.8665 is the latest version available to download for windoze.   Maybe they have rolled back 5.9.1.x

• Level 5*

Wow - you're right:  not sure whether that means they've had second thoughts,  or just not added the latest version to the website.  I'll report the issue in case it's an oversight on the website - if you want (to risk ;)) the latest version,  the direct download link is here - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/87863-new-evernote-for-windows-591/?p=376461

Let is know how you get on!

Update - uninstall/reinstall did not solve anything.   Then I noticed the 'activity log' and by looking at that, it said my local database was corrupted.  So I exited & killed all evernote processes, then deleted the whole evernote folder under C:\Users\myuserid\AppData\Local\Evernote

When I started evernote again it created a new database and downloaded everything again from their servers.  It now works fine - can create new notes and everything keeps in sync between web & android & windoze.

Archived