Business Card scans don't save full address or note to iOS contacts?

I've just started testing Evernote to scan business cards into my account and then save them into my iPhone contacts.  It seems to work well, but Evernote is truncating the address to only the street name and number when it imports into iOS contacts even though the full street address is scanned and displayed inside Evernote?

Am I doing something wrong?  I really need it to transfer the full address including the city and post/zip code.  I also added some details to the notes field in Evernote, but that didn't get imported into iOS contacts either.

Please advise?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry if you didn't attract any attention - we're a user forum,  so you'll get a response from whomever's available with any relevant expertise.  I'm not an iPhone user,  so don't know whether or not what you're seeing is normal;  but it usually helps with mobile phone issues if you uninstall and reinstall the app just to make sure nothing got lost in any recent downloads...

Hi,

Thanks. I was hoping another iOS user here could confirm the issue.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone and the problem is still present with only the street address being saved even though the rest of the information is registered inside of Evernote itself.

• Level 5*

Strange.  Here are a couple of posts that describe the process - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/53057988 - and - http://venturebeat.com/2014/08/06/heres-how-evernotes-business-card-scanning-feature-tackled-1333-cards/ - if you don't get anything useful there,  you could try contacting Evernote via Twitter @Evernotehelps.  If you're a premium user you'll be able to raise a support ticket or use their chat service.

Edit:  You could also try using Evernote's separate Scannable app to see whether that performs better...

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Thanks. I was hoping another iOS user here could confirm the issue.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone and the problem is still present with only the street address being saved even though the rest of the information is registered inside of Evernote itself.

I have also just started using Scannable and Evernote and find that the address is not being brought over from the business card to Scannable or Evernote and does not flow through to contacts, outlook. Once in Evernote, there is no place to insert the fields for address either. I would have to wait until I am at my desktop, share the card info to contacts or outlook, then add the address information. Scannable inside Evernote DOES allow you to make notes. I like that as I enter where and when I met the person and any follow up info. Set reminder etc. 

Question is, why not the address if it is provided?

Thanks!

Archived