Moving files (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) to notebooks?

KF1

Idea

2 replies to this idea

How do I take a word, excel or powerpoint file (in Mac) and save it to one of my notebooks? When I'm in the notebook I don't see a way to browse files to save to it.

Thanks.

What client? Mac desktop or web client? If you're using the Mac desktop client, you should be able to drag n drop the file from your hard drive to a note (IE, adding the file to an existing note) or a notebook (to create a new note). At least that's how it works on the Windows desktop client. I don't remember if DnD works with the web client, but I think it does.

• Level 5*

How do I take a word, excel or powerpoint file (in Mac) and save it to one of my notebooks? When I'm in the notebook I don't see a way to browse files to save to it.

Thanks.

All file types can be attached to a Note (which is in a Notebook), but NOT directly to a Notebook.

Just drag/drop or copy/paste the file into a Note, or drag/drop on the Evernote icon in the Mac Dock to create a new Note with the file attached.  You can also use the Evernote menu File > Attach Files... to add an attachment to the selected Note.

Archived